Date: Jul 4 2019
- Main Post Parade Field Fort Bragg 28307 United States Google Map
The 4th of July Celebration is held annually at the Main Post Parade Field. Activities include some of today's hottest musical acts, parachute free-fall demonstrations, our popular flag ceremony, fireworks, and food and beverages. Pets, glass bottles, and BBQ grills are not allowed. For a full list of prohibited items, see our prohibited items lists, under "General FAQs/Information". All tents and shelters must be erected in the designated tent area, space is limited. Attendees are encouraged to arrive early due to heavy traffic flow. The event is free and open to the public.
Help us keep the parade field clean! Bring a trash bag to pick up your trash.
Musical Headliner: 3 Doors Down
Opening Act, The Fifth
Event Layout, Vendor Menus and Parking
- 4th of July Event Layout Map (.pdf) - coming soon!
- Parking Areas for the 4th of July Celebration (.pdf) - coming soon!
- ADA parking will be available in the lot adjacent to the Main Post Chapel. View the 4th of July Event Layout Map (.pdf) for location information - map coming soon. Those with a valid ADA placard or license plate will be authorized to park in this lot for the event.
Sequence of Events - details coming soon!
- Gates open at 1 p.m.
- Event opens at 3 p.m.
- Fireworks at 10 p.m.
- Non-DoD ID Cardholders will not be able to access the base for this event, prior to 12 p.m. on July 4, 2019.
- Q: What time can I set up my tent/blanket?
A: No one will be allowed to access/set-up on the parade field until 1 p.m. Please keep in mind that staff will be unable to watch your belongings. Also, tents are only allowed in the designated tent area; space is limited.
- Q: What time does everything start? Will I be able to purchase food and drinks before then?
A. Kiddieland and food are open for business beginning at 3 p.m., however, some vendors may be open prior to then.
- Q: What kind of activities are there for kids to do?
A: There is a Kiddieland full of bounce houses (suggested ages 2-16), slides and a rock climbing wall. Admission is $10 per child and unlimited use is included in the price. Kiddieland will be open 3-8 p.m. Last wrist band will be sold at 7 p.m.
- Q: I am a food vendor, how can I participate in this event?
A: We are at capacity, and are no longer accepting applications.
- Prohibited and allowed items at this event:
- View the Fort Bragg's Special Event Prohibited Items List (.pdf) for a list of prohibited items.
- View the Fort Bragg's Special Event Bag Policy (.pdf) to see which bags (including coolers) are allowed and which aren't.
- View Fort Bragg's Special Event Liquid Policy (.jpg) to see which liquids (creams, gels, etc.) are allowed, in what quantity and how to pack them.
- View Fort Bragg's Special Event Water Policy (.jpg) for details on what's allowed in regards to bringing water to this event.
Tent City FAQs/Information
- Q: When will you begin taking reservations for the designated tent area and how much will they cost?
A: Tent City registration on WebTrac (link coming soon) is currently not open. When registration opens, it will be announced on this website.
- Tent City Layout Map (.pdf) - coming soon!
- $40 for a 10'x10' space with Family & MWR canopy provided
- $20 for a 10'x10' space
- Q: Do you have to be a DoD Cardholder to rent a space?
A: Yes, you will have to verify your DoD ID at check-in.
- Q: If something comes up and I can't make it, can I get a refund?
A: No refunds will be issued for tent sites.
- Q: What time can I check-in and set up my tent?
A: Check-in will start at 1 p.m., when the parade field opens.
- Q: What size of tent can I set up?
A: The space reserved will allow for one 10'x10' tent or smaller.
- Q: What am I allowed to bring to my tent space?
A: Please see the prohibited items lists above, in the section titled "General FAQs/Information".
- Q: What are some suggested items that I should bring?
A: Bring enough stakes to secure your tent. We have had wind gusts at past events.
- Tent City spaces are not vendor spaces. Anyone using these spaces to vend or promote any type of goods will be turned into the MPs and charged with the misuse of government property for personal gain.
* If you are using a mobile device to make your reservation, please follow these steps:
- Select "Back to Full Site"
- Click on the ticket that says "Admit One", under the "July 4th Tent City" heading, located in the bottom right hand corner. This will take you to the purchase page.