Recreation Equipment Checkout Center
- Get BBQin'! Equipment Price List
Item Cost per day Canopy, 20x20 Fiesta (Red & White Striped) $75 Canopy, 20x20 OTC (Red & White Striped) $50 Canopy, 10x10 Pop-up (Blue or Red) $35 Canopy, 1 Side with Cathedral Windows (Need 4 to complete a 20X20 Canopy) $20 Pig Cooker, Charcoal $45 Pig Cooker, Propane $55 Table, Rectangle 6' Metal $5 Table, Rectangle 6' Plastic $5 Table, Round 60" Plastic $10 Chair, Metal Folding $0.50
- Make it a Party Equipment Price List
View our inventory of bouncers (Flickr)
Item Cost per day Bouncer, Regular $150 Bouncer, Combo $165 Mini All-Stars $45 Bouncer, Dry Slide $185 Large Tropical Dual Slip n' Slide $190 Obstacle Course Bouncer $190 Large Specialty Bouncers $225 Bubble Knocker Balls (2, With Soccer Ball and goals) $105 Bubble Knocker Balls (4, With Soccer Ball and goals) $125 Bubble Knocker Balls (6, With Soccer Ball and goals) $145 Party Package (Reg Bouncer, 3 Tables, 18 Chairs, Choice of Popcorn, Snowcone, or Cotton Candy) $175 Deluxe Package (Combo Bouncer, 3 Tables, 18 Chairs, Choice of Popcorn, Snowcone, or Cotton Candy) $190 Snowcone Machine $35 Popcorn Machine $35 Cotton Candy Machine $35 Costumes (Bunny, Santa, Mrs. Clause, Elf, Grinch, Reindeer, Snowman) $30 Coffee Pot, 30 Cup $10 Coffee Pot, 100 Cup $15 Deep Fat Fryer $10 Ice Chest, 150qt $15 Risers, Stage 4x8 $15
- Let's Ride! Equipment Price List
$250 for the minimum 2 hours, plus $100 additional hrs.*
$250 for the minimum 2 hours, plus $100 additional hrs.*
* Travel Fee: $100 for more than 10 miles from Smith Lake Recreation Area.
- Yard Games Equipment Price List
Cost per day
Mountain or Road Bike w/ Helmet
Parachute Kids Game
Potato Sacks (8 sacks)
- Game ON! Equipment Price List
Item Cost per day Lacrosse Game Set (6 Helmets, 6 Sticks, 1 ball) $10 Baseball Game Set (5 gloves, 1 bat, ball, base set) $10 Volleyball Set (Net and Ball) $10 Flag Football Set w/ Football $10 Basketball, Softball, Baseball, Soccer & Volley Balls $5 Race Clock/Timer $20
- Getting Out Under The Stars Equipment Price List
Item Cost per day Tent, Camping 4 person $15 Tent, Camping 6 person $20 Camp Stove (Propane Not Included) $10 Travel Trailer (4 sleeper) 3 day min (+ $80/day) $95 Travel Trailer (5 sleeper) 3 day min(+ $80/day) $120
Camper safety course required.
Reservation required - no same day pick-up.
- Weekend on the Lake Equipment Price List
Item Cost per day 14' Jon Boat $50 17' Jon Boat (3 day min. rental) $90 18' Pontoon Boat (3 day min. rental) $125 Personal Flotation Device $5 Canoe Package $25 Kayak Package (white water and flat water) $35 Tandem Kayak Package $40 Trailer, 6 Canoe Carrier (Canoes not included) $20 Trailer, 8 Canoe Carrier (Canoes not included) $25 Trailer, 4 Kayak (Kayaks not included) $15 Trailer, 8 Kayak (Kayaks not included) $25
Pontoon/Jon Boats require safety course.
Reservation required on boats - no same day pick-up.
- Lawn & Garden Equipment Price List
Item Cost per day Edger, Gas $25 Mower, Lawn Push $20 Tiller, Garden $60 Weedeater, Gas $30 Log Splitter $65 5 x 8 Lawn Trailer $20 6 x 12 Lawn Trailer $30 5 x 8 Enclosed Trailer $30
- Helpful Miscellaneous Equipment Price List
Item Cost per day Ladder 6/8 ft $10 Ladder 20/24 ft $15 Generator 2 K $30 Generator 8 K $60 Generator 10 K $90
Propane re-fills: cost varies on North Carolina rates
- Authorized Patrons
- DOD ID Card Holders only (IAW AR 215-1).
- In accordance with AR 215-1, Chapter 7-4 (3), misuse of program privilege, personally profiting from the use of MWR merchandise and services constitutes a violation that may result in loss of MWR privileges.
- Rental Policies
- Renter assumes full responsibility for rental equipment and all components. Renter is held liable for personal injury, death, property loss or damage. In the instance that damage occurs while equipment is in the renter’s possession, repairs are not authorized unless approved by management.
- All equipment must remain within a 150 mile distance of Fort Bragg.
- Renter’s POV must have adequate tow equipment w/ components and electric breaks installed if applicable. Equipment will not leave ECC if any or all required hook-up components (breaks, lights etc) are missing or inoperable.
- Renter is responsible for loading/unloading rental equipment in and out of POV. Renter is responsible to supply tie-down straps and secure equipment.
Safety and Instruction Class
- Renter must complete a safety course prior to making a reservation for a camper or motorized bolt boat. Renter must be present at pick-up and return. Equipment will not be issued or accepted to/from a third party. Non-compliance may result in cancellation and loss of rental fee.
Payment and Cancellation
- Equipment may be reserved up to 180-days in advance or rented on a walk-in basis.
- Payment is accepted by Credit Card (Visa/MC), Cash, Check (3rd party checks are not accepted), Unit Funds and Recycle Voucher.
- Reservations require a minimum payment of a one-day rental fee per item; the remaining fee and refundable damage deposit must be paid in full on the day of pick up.
- Refunds or rain checks will not be given due to inclement weather, no-shows or inadequate tow equipment.
- A cancellation fee equal to a one-day rental fee applies for each item cancelled within 7 calendar days of reservation pick-up date.
- A processing fee of $5 applies for each item cancelled more than 7 calendar days of the reservation pick-up date.
Additional Charges/Late Fees
- All items must be returned in original condition and suitable for immediate re-rental. Renter will be charged for labor and materials to replace, repair or clean equipment.
- Equipment must be returned on or before the indicated time on the rental contract. Items returned late are assessed an additional daily rental fee per item.
- Items returned late, reserved by another customer, are assessed a double daily rental fee.
- Safety Briefings
- April 1-September 30: Wednesdays and Saturdays: 9 a.m.-11 a.m. at Recreation Equipment Checkout Center
- October 1-March 31: Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9 a.m.-11 a.m. at Recreation Equipment Checkout Center
- Online at Boat Us Foundation
- Frequently Asked Questions
Who is authorized to use the facility and what is the process to rent items?
Only DoD ID card holders are authorized to use our facility. First time renters must bring your DoD ID and form of payment to the facility. All reservations require a down payment of at least 1 day rental fee. Once you are in our system, future reservations can be made over the phone.
How far in advance can I make reservations?
Rental equipment reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance.
Do you set up the equipment?
We set up and operate the climbing wall and trackless train. However, we do not deliver and set up other rental items at this time.
Do I have to put my name on a list for the camper safety class?
The camper safety class is offered on a first come first served basis. See the section"Safety Briefings" above for class times. The safety class must be completed annually prior to making the reservation for a travel trailer.
Is it required to have electronic brakes to pull the boats?
Boats do not require the electronic brake system, however the travel trailers do.
What is the weight of the travel trailers?
8 person travel trailer is 32’ long and weighs approximately 8,000 lbs.
4 person travel trailer is 17’ long and weighs approximately 3,200 lbs.
These weights are the empty weight, meaning there is nothing in the holding tanks. Weight will increase depending on what is additionally added by customer. All travel trailer rentals require the electronic brakes.
What is the difference between the Eureka Canopy and the Fiesta Canopy?
Eureka: This canopy will fold down to fit inside most vehicles. The poles are made of a lighter material and have snaps to put them together. This canopy comes in red and white stripes.
Fiesta: This canopy is composed of larger poles that can only be transported with a full sized truck or trailer. Poles are made out of a sturdier material. Canopy comes in all white or blue and white stripes.
Where can you get supplies for the popcorn, cotton candy, and snow cone machines?
We are not able to endorse any businesses; however Wal-mart, Sam’s Club, and Thomas and Howard carry these supplies items.
Where can I store my personal RV?
RVs can be stored at the RV Lot on Pope Army Airfield. For more information contact North Bragg Auto Skills Center.
Hours of Operation (April 1 - September 30)
|Monday||7 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
The Recreation Equipment Checkout Center has an extensive list of equipment available for a variety of activities and needs. Equipment available includes campers, canoes and kayaks, moon bouncers, climbing wall, picnic and party equipment, canopy tents, tables and chairs, grills and super cookers, propane fill-up station, dunk tanks, lawn and garden equipment and much more.
To ensure optimum soldier and family customer service, reservations for the following items must be made a minimum of 2 days in advance: canoes, kayaks, grills (charcoal and propane), tables (of orders 10 +), chairs (of orders 60 +), road/mountain bikes, canopies, lawn/enclosed trailers, and bouncers. All motorized water craft and pull behind campers reservations must be made a minimum of 7 days in advance.