June 11 - August 31, 2018
The 2018 U.S. Army Arts & Crafts Contest recognizes the artistic talent and creativity in two divisions: Novice and Accomplished:
- Novice: Individuals whose art skills have not been gained in formal education leading to college credit or a college degree.
- Accomplished: Individuals who have gained skills and knowledge through formal courses leading to credit in college or art schools, or received awards in professional competitions.
Entries can be submitted in one of nine (9) categories:
- Ceramics: artwork clay, pottery, or similar materials, often covered in decorative stains, glazes, etc.
- Digital Art: artistic work that uses digital technology as an essential part of the creative/presentation process (Digitally altered photographs should be entered in the Army Digital Photo Contest held in October/November)
- Drawings: artwork using drawing instruments such as graphite pencil, charcoal, colored pencil, silverpoint, or other dry medium on a piece of paper
- Fiber/Textile: any craft using fabric, yarn or other textile components as the main focus
- Glass Art: artwork using non-crystalline solid material which may include vases, sculpture, glass tile mosaics, ornaments, stained glass, fused glass, etc.
- Metals and Jewelry: artwork predominantly created with metals to form sculptures, figurines, kinetic works, metal jewelry, etc.
- Mixed Media: artwork utilizing more than one medium and combines various traditionally distinct art medias (i.e., work on canvas that combines paint, ink, and collage)
- Paintings: artistic work which uses the application of paint, pigment, color or other medium (i.e., acrylic, oil, ink, gouache, fresco) to a surface using brushes, knives, sponges, airbrush, etc.
- Wood: artwork sculpted, crafted, constructed, or decorated with wood to create furniture, carvings, marquetry, musical instruments, toys, etc.
This contest is open to DoD cardholders.
- Participants must complete the online profile and submit photos of the artwork between 12:00 a.m. Central Time (CDT) June 11, 2018 and 11:59 p.m. CDT August 13, 2018 at the contest website. View How to Enter for more detailed instructions on how to enter the contest.
For more information, call us or visit U.S. Army 2018 Arts & Crafts Contest.
- Tel: +1 (910)394-4192