- AER Loan Application
AER FM 101 Application (.pdf)
- What Can AER Do?
Help with emergency financial needs for:
- Food, rent or utilities
- Emergency transportation and vehicle repair
- Funeral expenses
- Medical/dental expenses
- Provide college scholarships to children, spouses, and surviving spouses of Soldiers.
- Dependent Children Scholarship Program
- Spouse Scholarship Assistance Program
- Eligibility requirements and applications can be obtained at Army Emergency Relief (AER).
- Lifetime membership in the Army and Air Force Mutual Aid Association (AAFMAA) of Soldiers who die on active duty
- Grants for wounded Soldiers medically evacuated from a theater of combat
- Personal Financial Management Training for Soldiers in AIT
- Who is Eligible?
- Active duty Soldiers, single or married, and their Family members
- Army National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers on continuous active duty for more than 30 days and their Family members (Title 10, USC)
- Soldiers retired from active duty for longevity or physical disability, and their Family members
- Army National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers who retired at age 60, and their Family members
- Surviving spouses and orphans of Soldiers who died while on active duty or after they retired
- New Home School Assistance Program
Army Emergency Relief (AER) is a private nonprofit organization incorporated in 1942 by the Secretary of War and the Army Chief of Staff. The mission of AER is to provide emergency financial assistance to Soldiers and their Families.
New policy: All ranks are now allowed to sign their own AER Form 101 application (as long as it is not a Commander and First Sergeant Quick Assist Option). This policy change allows E4 and below the opportunity to come to AER and process an application without Command signature for approval. Set stipulations apply.