- Up-to-date information on local, national, and international employment opportunities, job market trends and education, and volunteer resources
- Information on job fairs (in person and virtual) and other hiring events
- Assistance with employment applications
- Career counseling and individual career assessments
- Résumé critiques
- Classes and seminars on self-assessment and career exploration, resume writing, interviewing techniques, dressing for success, networking, and entrepreneurship
- Information on spouse licensure reimbursement (re-licensing at a new duty station can be costly)
- Army Spouse Employment, Career and Education Resource Links: a good place start investigating employment options
- Military Spouse Education & Career Opportunities (MySECO): education and career guidance for military spouses
- Military OneSource Spouse Education and Employment: a source for trustworthy guidance on entering the workforce
- The Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP): Military OneSource’s portal to connect spouses and employers
- USAjobs.gov: the Federal Government’s employment portal
- Home Based Business (HBB): options for businesses that operate from on-post quarters
- The U.S. Department of Labor: transition assistance and employment preparation for military spouses
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Hiring Our Heroes: An initiative that assists veterans, transitioning service members, and military spouses find meaningful employment
- Licensure/Certification Information
Disclaimer: The sites listed are not all inclusive but are meant to be a starting point for job seekers in certain fields.
- Child Care
- Links to Employment
Attention Military Spouses: Click the link below for the checklist for military spouse eligibility! The form is NOT fillable when you first open it. To enable it to be fillable, click the "Options" button on the top right of the page and then select "Trust This Host" (online) or "Enable Features" (if accessed in a PDF format offline). Once either of these options are clicked, the form will change from one that cannot be filled to one that has live drop down menus and selection boxes!"
Programs for Military Spouses
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP)
The Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) is a targeted recruitment and employment solution for spouses.
The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation.
Government (City, State, Federal)
GS - The General Schedule (GS) classification and pay system covers the majority of civilian white-collar Federal employees (about 1.5 million worldwide) in professional, technical, administrative, and clerical positions
- Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF)
- City Of Fayetteville
- Cumberland County
- NC Works
Local Staffing Agencies
- School Jobs
- Cumberland County Schools
- NC Public Schools
- Department of Defense Education Activities (DODEA) Vacancies
- Fayetteville State University
- Methodist University
On-Post (Private Sector or Contractor)
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP)
- Professional Boutique
Dressing for success (on an interview or on the job) means having access to new and/or gently worn professional attire, suits, blazers, slacks, and jewelry. The boutique is open to assist spouses going for job interviews or starting a new job. For more information or to make an appointment, please call us. All attire is donated by the community.
- Teen Employment and Volunteer Resources
- Helpful Resources
- Employment Readiness Facebook Page
- Military Spouse Job Search
- National Military Family Association
- In Gear Career - Serving Career-Minded Military Spouses
- Private and Federal Resume Tips
- Federal Resume Guide (.pdf)
- N.C. Bill on Military Spouses (.pdf)
Don't forget to find/follow us on Facebook for special class/event information, employment opportunities and more!
Resume assistance with a Certified Career Counselor is available by appointment. Call us for more information.
If you are an employer, and you would like to send us information regarding a position, please email us and let us know!
The Employment Readiness Program (ERP) offers resources to help with your career plan and job search. Whether you’re a military spouse or Family member who just moved to a new installation, retiree, DoD Civilian looking for new opportunities, or active duty military, Active Reserve, National Guard member, or Wounded Warrior, we’re here to help.
Our services include:
*Not all programs and classes are available at all ACS facilities.
Are you ready? Contact your Employment Readiness Program manager (ERPM) for more information.
(Non-Government, No Endorsement Implied)
Please note that while we do serve active duty Military, it's only under certain circumstances, and is on a case-by-case basis. Transitioning service members please contact SFL-TAP at +1 (910)396-2227.