- PLEASE READ: COVID-19 Hours & Guidelines
Tolson Indoor Pool
Tolson Indoor Pool operates Monday through Friday 4-7 pm for the Fort Bragg Fighting Fish Swim team practices ONLY.
Tolson Indoor Pool is open for recreational swimming on Saturdays from 11 am to 4 pm for Recreational swim (by reservation only) for DoD ID Cardholders only (no guests) with 100% ID card check. All patrons will be screened prior to entering the pool. Patrons are required to have face coverings on-hand, wear them in the restroom and when maintaining social distancing is not possible. All patrons must come dressed ready to swim.
- RECREATIONAL SWIM HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Saturday only
- By reservation only in one hour blocks beginning at 11 am closing at 4 pm.
- RESERVATIONS: In order to adhere to the maximum capacity limitations of no more than 15 individuals per time block, a reservation system will be in place:
- Reservations can be made in person or over the phone (910-643-8533) Tuesday-Friday from 12 pm to 6 pm on a first come, first served basis.
- Each reservation will be for a 1 hour time slot (11 am – 12 pm, 12:30-1:30 pm, 2-3 pm or 3:30-4:30 pm).
- Reservations can be made up to 1 week in advance.
- Reservations made over the phone must be paid within 48 hours of making the reservation or it will be cancelled. Reservations made in person must be paid at time of reservation.
- $4 per person
- 3 years and under are free
- No punch passes
- Forms must be filled out prior to entry with all names, ages, point of contact and secondary point of contact.
- Reservations must be cancelled with a 24 hour notice to receive a full refund.
- No shows will not be issued a refund and all additional reservations for the household will be cancelled.
- If Tolson Pool must close due to weather or mechanical issues after patrons have entered, there will be no refunds or rainchecks.
- If Tolson Pool closes due to weather or mechanical issues before patrons have entered, the reservation will be rescheduled.
- No changing area will be available. All locker rooms are closed (all patrons must come ready to swim).
- Groups will be assigned bench/zones for use during their 1 hour block by staff.
- No water fountains. Patrons must bring their own water/food. NO GLASS OR ALCOHOL.
- There is a limit of one bag and one cooler per family.
- Only one lap lane will be available.
- Tolson Pool will be open Monday-Friday from 4-7 pm for the Fort Bragg Fighting Fish Swim Team only. No other patrons will be admitted during this time.
Tucker Indoor Pool
Tucker Indoor Pool is open for Unit Reservations, Physical Therapy and lap swim only. Reservations are required and must be made in person. Lane reservation request forms for military training can be found under the Tucker Indoor Pool section below.
- Unit Reservations and Physical Therapy will be available Monday through Friday 6 am to 11 am and by reservation only. Operations will be in support of Active Duty only for physical therapy, re-conditioning, pool specific AR 350-1 aquatics requirements and pre-testing for various DoD schools (MAC, Pre-Scuba, Wet Silk, etc.) that require aquatics pre-tests. No unit lap swim or physical training is authorized during this time block.
- Lap Swim is by reservation only for the hours of 11 am to 1 pm and 4 pm to 7 pm Monday-Friday. Active Duty and First Responders will have priority on making reservations Monday-Friday for the following week. All other DoD ID Cardholders can make reservations Thursday and Friday for the following week. Walk-ins will be authorized if space is available.
All other pools are closed at this time.
- RECREATIONAL SWIM HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Tolson Indoor Pool
- Zero depth entry recreational pool
- Four 25 meter lanes
- Fee based pool (see the "Prices" section above)
- Tucker Indoor Pool
- Non-recreational pool. Open for lap swim and unit training only.
- Six 25 yard lanes
- Salt-water pool
- No fee pool
Lane Reservation Request for Military Training
Reservations for military training are made at Tucker Indoor Pool during operating hours. Reservations cannot be made by email or over the phone. All signed reservation requests shall be checked and approved by Aquatics Staff. It is recommended that you request a copy once your reservation is approved with staff signature. Without a signed approval form from both a Unit Commander and an Aquatic Staff Member, the reservation form will not be valid.
>> Lane Reservation Request Form (.pdf) - Sept. 2020 - May 2021
- Atchley Outdoor Pool
- Non-recreational pool. Open for lap swim and unit training only.
- Six 25 yard and six 25 meter lanes
- No fee pool
- Normandy Outdoor Pool
- Recreational pool
- One diving board
- Fee based pool (see "Prices" above)
Each child must pass a swim test prior to use of the diving board, and a parent or guardian must sign a waiver in order for their child to participate in the test.
- Twin Lions Outdoor Pool
- Recreational pool with designated hours for lap swim
- Six 50 meter lanes
- One 3 meter diving board
- One 1 meter diving board
- A splash pad
- Fee based pool (see "Prices" above)
Each child must pass a swim test prior to use of the diving boards and a Parent or Guardian must sign a waiver in order for their child to participate in the test.
Daily Entry Fees
There is an entry fee for the following pools: Tolson Indoor Pool, Normandy Outdoor Pool, and Twin Lions Outdoor Pool. Prices are as follows:
Activity DoD ID Cardholder Guest Punch Card Recreational (Open) Swim $4 $6 $50 for 20 visits Lap Swim $3 $4 $40 for 20 visits
Punch cards can only be purchased or utilized by DoD ID Cardholders.
DoD ID Cardholders (ages 18 years and older) are allowed up to 2 guests.
Prices/cost for classes, pool parties, swim team, etc. can be found under each individual section below.
- Cash and check are the only forms of payment accepted at the outdoor pools.
- Credit cards, cash, and check are accepted at Tolson Indoor Pool, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday. All other days/times, cash or check only.
Aqua Fitness Classes
All aqua fitness classes are now part of the Group Fitness program. Current class offerings include the following:
- Aqua Cycle
- Aqua Zumba
- BOGA Flow
- Water Aerobics
Classes are open to DoD ID cardholders and their guests, ages 16 years and older.
Classes are held at Tolson Indoor Pool. Visit Group Fitness Classes for current class schedule, class descriptions, price, purchase options and more!
Group Swim Lessons (Youth & Adult)
Swim lessons are taught by American Red Cross Certified Water Safety Instructors.
- For youth (ages 6 months to 16 years), and adults (17 years and older).
- $50 for 8, 30-minute lessons
More to come at a later date.
Private Swim Lessons
- For youth (ages 4 years and older), and adults
- Click here for full details.
- Swim Teams (Youth & Adult)
Youth (Fort Bragg Fighting Fish)
The Fort Bragg Fighting Fish is a USA Swimming age-group team. Our groups range from developmental swimmers to experienced high school age/senior level swimmers. Swimmers are encouraged to become well-rounded athletes focusing on strokes, flexibility, and good sportsmanship. The team competes in swim meets around the area. All our coaches are ASCA certified. Please call +1 (910)643-8533 for details and current pricing. Evaluation by one of our coaches is required prior to joining.
Open to all youth swimmers, ages 5 years and older.
Adults (Masters Swim Club)
Fort Bragg Masters is a diverse group of competitive, triathlete, and fitness swimmers.
Every practice has a United States Masters Swimming coach. We welcome swimmers of all ability levels!
Evaluation by coach required prior to joining.
United States Masters Swimming Membership required to participate (Free 30 Day Trial membership available, must purchase full USMS membership after trial period).
Open to DoD ID Cardholders, ages 18 years and older.
Regular schedule (October 2019 - May 2020):
- Location: Tolson Indoor Pool
- Monday-Friday, 6-7:45 a.m.
- Monday- Friday, 11 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Friday workouts are No coach workouts.
Cost: $5/daily, $50 for 20-visit punch card
For more information, call +1 (910)643-8533.
- Pool Parties
During Hours Pools Parties
- $100 for the the first hour; $50 each hour after, for up to 25 guests, party room, tables, and chairs. Each additional guest above 25 will be an additional $4 each.
- Saturday and Sunday only: 12:30-2:30 p.m., and 3:30-5:30 p.m.
After Hours Pool Parties
$150 for the the first hour; $75 each hour after, for up to 25 guests, party room, tables, and chairs. Each additional guest above 25 will be an additional $4 each.
- Monday - Sunday, 7:30 p.m. - 12 a.m.
Families may come in up to 30 minutes early to set up. We ask that the room be left in the same condition in which they found to avoid additional fees. $25 cleaning fee will be added if party fails to clean up after the event.
Party reservations can be made 2 weeks in advance of the party date for Normandy Outdoor Swimming Pool or Twin Lions Outdoor Swimming Pool. Payment is due in full at the time the reservation is made.
Party groups have use of the pool. Children under 7 are required to have parents in the water at a ratio of 1 parent per 2 children. During hours parties will be in conjunction with normal recreational swim activities, to include clearing the pool for breaks. After hours parties will be outside normal operating hours of the pool. Party groups are required to follow all posted pool rules.
Payment is due in full at the time the reservation is made. Cash, check, Visa and MasterCard are accepted forms of payment. Please make all checks payable to DFMWR. A $25 fee will be charged on any check that is returned for insufficient funds.
Cancellations must be made a minimum of 7 days prior to the scheduled party date in order to obtain a full refund. Cancellations not made 7 days prior will not be refunded. All refunds require a completed refund request form and are subject to the approval of the Aquatics Director. Payments made by credit card can be refunded directly onto the credit card that was used to make the original payment. Payments made by cash or check will be refunded in the form of a check. Please allow up to two weeks for refund checks to be processed. Parties will be cancelled during inclement weather/thunderstorm conditions. The responsible person listed below should contact the manager on duty during working hours for a determination as to whether the party will be cancelled because of adverse weather conditions. North Carolina weather is sporadic and unpredictable; however we will do our best to make a determination as soon as possible.
For additional information, call Tolson Indoor Swimming Pool +1 (910)643-8533.
- Pool Rules
- Pools are open to Pass Holders and their guests. Pass Holders must show their pass and ID card prior to use.
- Adult Supervision: Any Pass Holder under the age of 14 (per AR 215-3) must be accompanied by an adult guardian 18 years of age or older. Each adult Pass Holder may accompany a maximum of 6 children at one time. (Special accommodation letter available for households with more than 6 children.) Pass Holders, ages 7 and under must be within arm’s reach of an adult guardian 18 years of age or older at all times.
- Guests may be signed into the facility with an authorized MWR User. Only 2 guests per household.
- Pass Holders and their guests must use the pool in a safe manner.
- Dress: All patrons must wear swimsuits that are appropriate for public appearance, no thongs, sports bras, basketball shorts, underwear, cut off's or denim shorts. All suits must be lined. Children who are not potty-trained must wear swim diapers while in the pool.
- No food or drinks allowed within 10 feet of the pool. No glass or pottery-type containers allowed in the pool area.
- Persons with skin disorders, bandages, open wounds, eye, nose or mouth discharge may be refused entrance to the facility.
- The pool will be cleared periodically to allow for safety checks.
- Absolutely no running, horseplay, diving, or obscene language permitted within the facility.
- Inflatable rafts, water wings/floaties and toys are not permitted in the pool (Guidance from CDC).
- Young children may wear Coast Guard approved life vests in the pool. Children must be within arm’s reach of an adult guardian 18 years of age or older at all times.
- Prolonged underwater breath-holding is strictly prohibited.
- Lifeguards will be provided during posted hours and will have the authority to close the pool for weather or safety reasons. Pass Holders and their guests must comply with Lifeguards' instructions or face loss of use privileges.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the facility. Intoxicated patrons will be denied entry and asked to vacate the premises.
- Lifeguards will be obeyed and shall have the authority to issue guidance on anything not covered in the Pool Rules/SOP.
- Lifeguards and Management will monitor the number of residents allowed inside the pool area at any one time in order to stay within maximum capacity requirements. Access is granted on a first come, first served basis.
- Children ages 15 and younger are required to take a swim test before using diving boards or slides.
- Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my children on the swim team?
Please call +1 (910)643-8533 and speak to one of the coaches. Please bear in mind that the swim team is not a learn-to-swim program. Prospective team members must be able to consistently swim the backstroke and front crawl for 25 yards each.
What do I need to do to register for swimming lessons?
All children must be registered with CYS prior to enrolling for swim lessons. Please visit Parent Central Services for registration information.
What programs are available in the pool year round?
Unit training, lap swim, water aerobics, youth and adult swim teams, swimming lessons, life-guarding and water safety instruction classes.
Which pools are open during the summer months?
Typically all outdoor pools are open during the summer months.
How do I go about getting a lifeguard certification?
The American Red Cross Life-guarding course is taught periodically throughout the year. Prospective lifeguard students must be able to complete the following prerequisites to take the life-guarding course: Swim 300 yards non-stop swimming only the front crawl or breaststroke; Swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10 pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using ladder or steps within one minute and 40 seconds; tread water without the use of hands for two minutes.
Can we bring coolers into the pools?
Yes. However, glass bottles and alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.
What does my child need to bring for swim class?
Each learn-to-swim student needs to have the following items for every class session: Bathing suit, towel, swim diaper for those not toilet trained.
What age should my child start learning to swim?
The sooner the child is introduced to water, the better. Our parent and child classes start at 6 months. The parent or guardian must be in the water and holding onto the child throughout the class.
What is Lap Swim?
Lap swim is designed for more organized swimming up and down the length of the pool repeatedly.
Pools are kept at a comfortable temperature. Kick boards, pull buoys, and hand paddles, are available at the facility to maximize your lap swimming or water walking experience. Ask a lifeguard for assistance in finding these items.
ID cards will be retained by facility staff when requesting equipment.
Lap swim is intended for adults, ages 18 years and older. Anyone under 18 years of age is required to take a swim test to lap swim. The swim test consists of swimming 50 meters of freestyle and breast stroke. They will also have to tread water for 2 minutes.
Please NOTE: Tucker Indoor Pool is closed for evening lap swim (4-7 pm) Monday-Friday, February 23 - March 3, 2021.
Fort Bragg Family & MWR operates 5 swimming pools on Fort Bragg and offers a large number of aquatic classes and programs throughout the year. The outdoor pools typically open for the season around Memorial Day and close for the season around Labor Day. The pools are open to DoD ID Cardholders and their guests.
Features by Aquatic Facility
View each section below to see what each facility has to offer. Facilty contact information (including hours) can be found on the right of this page (if using a desktop computer), or below (if using a mobile device).