- Tolson Indoor Pool
- Front desk hours: Monday-Friday, 9 am - 8 pm
Saturday, Recreational Swim: 11 am - 4 pm
Open to DoD ID Cardholders
$4 day pass
$60 Rec Swim Punch Pass Card (20 punches)
- Zero depth entry pool
- Four 25 meter lanes
- Tucker Indoor Pool
Lap Swim (fee based)
Monday-Thursday: 11 am - 1 pm
Saturday: 7:30 am - 12:30 pm
Closed: Friday and Sunday
Open to DoD ID Cardholders
$3 day pass
$40 Lap Swim Punch Pass Card (20 punches)
- Unit Training
- Monday-Thursday: 6-11 am
- Friday-Sunday: Closed
- Reservation booking IS required.
- Walk-in/drop-in requests will NOT be accepted.
- Six 25 yard lanes
- Salt-water pool
- Atchley Outdoor Pool
Closed for the season
- Six 25 yard and six 25 meter lanes
* There is a fee for lap swim. Open to DoD ID Cardholders only.
- Normandy Outdoor Pool
- Closed for the season
- One diving board
Each child must pass a swim test prior to use of the diving board, and a parent or guardian must sign a waiver in order for their child to participate in the test.
- Twin Lions Outdoor Pool
- Closed for the season
- Six 50 meter lanes
- One 3 meter diving board
- One 1 meter diving board
- A splash pad
Each child must pass a swim test prior to use of the diving boards and a Parent or Guardian must sign a waiver in order for their child to participate in the test.
- Aqua Fitness Classes
All aqua fitness classes are now part of the Group Fitness program. Current class offerings include the following:
- Aqua Cycle
- Aqua Zumba
- BOGA Flow
- Water Aerobics
Classes are open to DoD ID cardholders and their guests, ages 16 years and older.
Classes are held at Tolson Indoor Pool. Visit Group Fitness Classes for current class schedule, class descriptions, price, purchase options and more!
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
Certificate covers Lifeguarding, CPR/AED and First Aid.
To participate: Must be 15 years old by the last day of class and complete pre-requisite prior to the 1st day (call +1 (910)643-8533 to schedule an appointment): 300 yard mixed freestyle and breaststroke, 2 minute tread – no hands, and timed brick retrieval.
To gain certificate: must attend each class during the course, complete online assignments, pass the two written exams, and pass the practical exercises.
Fees (for each course):
- $200 for course
- Course dates:
- December 27-30, 2022 (Blended Learning)
- February 21-24, 2023 (Blended Learning)
- March 4, 5, 11 and 12, 2023 (Blended Learning)
- April 10-14, 2023 (Regular Learning/Spring Break)
Blended learning offerings:
- Participants must have access to a computer to complete coursework outside of class time.
- For already certified American Red Cross Lifeguards
- 1 day course (complete pre-qualification, in-water skills, classroom session and written exam).
- Cost: $75
- Register at Tolson Indoor Pool
For more information call Tolson Indoor Pool, +1 (910)643-8533.
- Group Swim Lessons
Swim lessons are taught by American Red Cross Certified Water Safety Instructors.
Please note: No lessons will be offered due to an instructor shortage.
- Private Swim Lessons
One-on-one swim instruction.
- No evaluation required.
- Space availability for private swim lessons is limited to the “zero entry” section of Tolson Indoor Pool.
- Private Lessons (4 years old and up)
6 - 30 minute lessons for $115
Dates and times vary according to the instructors' availability.
- Please note: No lessons will be offered due to instructor shortage.
- Time: Registration starts at 9 am (first come first served) till all spots are filled.
- Open to DOD ID Cardholders
For more information, call Tolson Indoor Pool at +1 (910)643-8533.
- Swim Teams (Youth & Adult)
Youth (Fort Bragg Fighting Fish)
The Fort Bragg Fighting Fish is a USA Swimming age-group team. Our groups range from developmental swimmers to experienced high school age/senior level swimmers. Swimmers are encouraged to become well-rounded athletes focusing on strokes, flexibility, and good sportsmanship. The team competes in swim meets around the area. All our coaches are ASCA certified. Please call +1 (910)643-8533 for details and current pricing. Evaluation by one of our coaches is required prior to joining.
Open to all youth swimmers, ages 5 years and older.
Adults (Masters Swim Club)
Fort Bragg Masters is a diverse group of competitive, triathlete, and fitness swimmers.
Every practice has an instructor on deck. We welcome swimmers of all ability levels!
Evaluation by coach required prior to joining.
Open to DoD ID Cardholders, ages 18 years and older.
Days/Times: Monday-Thursday, 11 am - 1 pm
Location: Tolson Indoor Pool
Cost: $5/daily, $55 for 20-visit punch card
For more information: +1 (910)643-8533
- Tolson Parent and Tots Playtime
This is a special playtime for children to have fun in the pool with their parents and/or guardians.
View Tolson Parent and Tots Playtime for complete details.
- Coaches Wanted
The Fort Bragg Fighting Fish Swim Team is recruiting for swim coaches at the youth and adult level. We are looking for someone with swimming experience or has instructed swimming in any capacity. Must meet program list of qualifications and pass background checks.
For more information please stop by or call Tolson Indoor Pool at +1 (910)643-8533.
- Pool Parties
During Hours Pools Parties
- $115 for the the first hour; $50 each hour after, for up to 25 guests, party room, tables, and chairs. Each additional guest above 25 will be an additional $5 each.
- Saturday and Sunday only: 12:30-2:30 pm and 3:30-5:30 pm
After Hours Pool Parties
$150 for the the first hour; $75 each hour after, for up to 25 guests, party room, tables, and chairs. Each additional guest above 25 will be an additional $4 each.
- Monday - Sunday, 7:30 pm - 12 am
Families may come in up to 30 minutes early to set up. We ask that the room be left in the same condition in which they found to avoid additional fees. $25 cleaning fee will be added if party fails to clean up after the event.
Party reservations can be made 2 weeks in advance of the party date for Normandy Outdoor Swimming Pool or Twin Lions Outdoor Swimming Pool. Payment is due in full at the time the reservation is made.
Party groups have use of the pool. Children under 7 are required to have parents in the water at a ratio of 1 parent per 2 children. During hours parties will be in conjunction with normal recreational swim activities, to include clearing the pool for breaks. After hours parties will be outside normal operating hours of the pool. Party groups are required to follow all posted pool rules.
Payment is due in full at the time the reservation is made. Cash, check, Visa and MasterCard are accepted forms of payment. Please make all checks payable to DFMWR. A $25 fee will be charged on any check that is returned for insufficient funds.
Cancellations must be made a minimum of 7 days prior to the scheduled party date in order to obtain a full refund. Cancellations not made 7 days prior will not be refunded. All refunds require a completed refund request form and are subject to the approval of the Aquatics Director. Payments made by credit card can be refunded directly onto the credit card that was used to make the original payment. Payments made by cash or check will be refunded in the form of a check. Please allow up to two weeks for refund checks to be processed. Parties will be cancelled during inclement weather/thunderstorm conditions. The responsible person listed below should contact the manager on duty during working hours for a determination as to whether the party will be cancelled because of adverse weather conditions. North Carolina weather is sporadic and unpredictable; however we will do our best to make a determination as soon as possible.
For additional information, call Tolson Indoor Swimming Pool +1 (910)643-8533.
- Pool Rules
- Pools are open to Pass Holders and their guests. Pass Holders must show their pass and ID card prior to use.
- Adult Supervision: Any Pass Holder under the age of 14 (per AR 215-3) must be accompanied by an adult guardian 18 years of age or older. Each adult Pass Holder may accompany a maximum of 6 children at one time. (Special accommodation letter available for households with more than 6 children.) Pass Holders, ages 7 and under must be within arm’s reach of an adult guardian 18 years of age or older at all times.
- Guests may be signed into the facility with an authorized MWR User. Only 2 guests per household.
- Pass Holders and their guests must use the pool in a safe manner.
- Dress: All patrons must wear swimsuits that are appropriate for public appearance, no thongs, sports bras, basketball shorts, underwear, cut off's or denim shorts. All suits must be lined. Children who are not potty-trained must wear swim diapers while in the pool.
- No food or drinks allowed within 10 feet of the pool. No glass or pottery-type containers allowed in the pool area.
- Persons with skin disorders, bandages, open wounds, eye, nose or mouth discharge may be refused entrance to the facility.
- The pool will be cleared periodically to allow for safety checks.
- Absolutely no running, horseplay, diving, or obscene language permitted within the facility.
- Inflatable rafts, water wings/floaties and toys are not permitted in the pool (Guidance from CDC).
- Young children may wear Coast Guard approved life vests in the pool. Children must be within arm’s reach of an adult guardian 18 years of age or older at all times.
- Prolonged underwater breath-holding is strictly prohibited.
- Lifeguards will be provided during posted hours and will have the authority to close the pool for weather or safety reasons. Pass Holders and their guests must comply with Lifeguards' instructions or face loss of use privileges.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the facility. Intoxicated patrons will be denied entry and asked to vacate the premises.
- Lifeguards will be obeyed and shall have the authority to issue guidance on anything not covered in the Pool Rules/SOP.
- Lifeguards and Management will monitor the number of residents allowed inside the pool area at any one time in order to stay within maximum capacity requirements. Access is granted on a first come, first served basis.
- Children ages 15 and younger are required to take a swim test before using diving boards or slides.
- Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my children on the swim team?
Please call +1 (910)643-8533 and speak to one of the coaches. Please bear in mind that the swim team is not a learn-to-swim program. Prospective team members must be able to consistently swim the backstroke and front crawl for 25 yards each.
What do I need to do to register for swimming lessons?
Swim Lesson registration is held on the 15th of each month. If the 15th falls on the weekend or holiday, registration will begin on the next business day. Call +1 (910)643-8533 for more information.
What programs are available in the pool year round?
Unit training, lap swim, water aerobics, youth and adult swim teams, swimming lessons, life-guarding and water safety instruction classes.
Which pools are open during the summer months?
Typically all outdoor pools are open during the summer months.
How do I go about getting a lifeguard certification?
The American Red Cross Life-guarding course is taught periodically throughout the year. Prospective lifeguard students must be able to complete the following prerequisites to take the life-guarding course: Swim 300 yards non-stop swimming only the front crawl or breaststroke; Swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10 pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using ladder or steps within one minute and 40 seconds; tread water without the use of hands for two minutes.
Can we bring coolers into the pools?
Yes. However, glass bottles and alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.
What does my child need to bring for swim class?
Each learn-to-swim student needs to have the following items for every class session: Bathing suit, towel, swim diaper for those not toilet trained.
What age should my child start learning to swim?
The sooner the child is introduced to water, the better. Our parent and child classes start at 6 months. The parent or guardian must be in the water and holding onto the child throughout the class.
What is Lap Swim?
Lap swim is designed for more organized swimming up and down the length of the pool repeatedly.
Pools are kept at a comfortable temperature. Kick boards and pull buoys are available at the facility to maximize your lap swimming or water walking experience. Ask a lifeguard for assistance in finding these items.
Lap swim is intended for individuals ages 16 years and older. Children 10 and over are allowed. Lap Swimmers 10-15 years of age are required to take a swim test and must be accompanied by an adult (18 years of age or older). The swim test consists of swimming 50 meters of freestyle and breast stroke. They will also have to tread water for 2 minutes.
Fort Bragg Family & MWR operates 5 swimming pools on Fort Bragg and offers a large number of aquatic classes and programs throughout the year.