Employment Readiness Program
- Employment Readiness Program (ERP)
The Employment Readiness Program (ERP) offers resources to help with your career plan and job search. Whether you’re a military spouse or Family member who just moved to a new installation, Retiree, or DoD civilian looking for new opportunities, or active duty Military, active Reserve, National Guard member, or Wounded Warrior, we’re here to help.
Our services include:
- Up-to-date information on local, national, and international employment opportunities, job market trends and education, and volunteer resources
- Classes and seminars on self-assessment and career exploration, resume writing, interviewing techniques, dressing for success, networking, and entrepreneurship.
- Résumé critiques
- Career counseling and individual career assessments
- Job fairs and other hiring events
- Teen/youth employment information
- Computers with internet access, résumé-writing software, and typing tutorials
- Virtual Career Library access
Contact your Employment Readiness Program manager (ERPM) for more information.
Please note that while we do serve active duty Military, it's only under certain circumstances, and is on a case-by-case basis. Transitioning service members please contact SFL-TAP at +1 (910)396-2227.
- Licensure/Certification Information
Disclaimer: The sites listed are not all inclusive but are meant to be a starting point for job seekers in certain fields.
- Child Care
- Links to Employment
Attention Military Spouses: Click the link below for the checklist for military spouse eligibility! The form is NOT fillable when you first open it. To enable it to be fillable, click the "Options" button on the top right of the page and then select "Trust This Host" (online) or "Enable Features" (if accessed in a PDF format offline). Once either of these options are clicked, the form will change from one that cannot be filled to one that has live drop down menus and selection boxes!"
Programs for Military Spouses
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP)
The Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) is a targeted recruitment and employment solution for spouses.
The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation.
Government (City, State, Federal)
GS - The General Schedule (GS) classification and pay system covers the majority of civilian white-collar Federal employees (about 1.5 million worldwide) in professional, technical, administrative, and clerical positions
- Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF)
- City Of Fayetteville
- Cumberland County
- NC Works
Local Staffing Agencies
- School Jobs
- Cumberland County Schools
- NC Public Schools
- Department of Defense Education Activities (DODEA) Vacancies
- Fayetteville State University
- Methodist University
On-Post (Private Sector or Contractor)
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP)
- Professional Boutique
Dressing for success (on an interview or on the job) means having access to new and/or gently worn professional attire, suits, blazers, slacks, and jewelry. The boutique is open to assist spouses going for job interviews or starting a new job. For more information or to make an appointment, please call us. All attire is donated by the community.
- Teen Employment and Volunteer Resources
- Reach out to the Employment Readiness Program
You can reach out to us about…
- Resume formatting and styles
- Interview preparation and tips
- Career assessment or career planning
- Job search tips
- State your questions clearly and concisely
- Include your contact information to allow us to reply directly to you (your contact information will not be shared)
- This form will be submitted electronically by clicking the ‘submit’ button
- A response will be generated within 1-2 business days confirming receipt of your submitted question.
- Helpful Resources
- Employment Readiness Facebook Page
- Military Spouse Job Search
- National Military Family Association
- In Gear Career - Serving Career-Minded Military Spouses
- Private and Federal Resume Tips
- Federal Resume Guide (.pdf)
- N.C. Bill on Military Spouses (.pdf)
PLEASE READ: Hours and/or services impacted by COVID-19
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Second Wed. of each month||Closed 8 a.m.-12 p.m. for staff meeting|
Resume assistance with a Certified Career Counselor is available by appointment. Call us for more information.
Disclaimer: Please note that while we do serve active duty Military, it's only under certain circumstances, and is on a case-by-case basis. Transitioning service members please contact SFL-TAP at +1 (910)396-2227.
If you are an employer, and you would like to send us information regarding a position, please email us and let us know!
Did you know that you can register for our Employment Readiness classes online?