- Financial Readiness Program Overview
The Financial Readiness Program is your resource for information on money matters. We can help you better understand financial topics like:
- Military pay
- Checkbook/debit card management
- Financial responsibility
- Credit reporting
- Debt elimination strategies
We can also help you learn about other financial services, including:
- Armed Forces Emergency Relief (AFER): A private, nonprofit organization established to help Service Memberss and their Families in emergency financial situations due to no fault of their own.
- Education Program: Offers need-based scholarships to help eligible Armed Forces Families with education costs.
For more information about how the Financial Readiness Program can help you, contact your nearest Armed Forces Community Service Center.
Other helpful financial readiness links include:
- Thrift Savings Plan: A Federal Government-sponsored long-term retirement savings and investment plan, available for both Federal civilian employees and members of the uniformed services.
- U.S. Savings Bonds: A shorter-term savings option with competitive interest rates and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States.
- Military Saves: A component of the nonprofit America Saves and a partner in the Department of Defense’s Financial Readiness Campaign, Military Saves seeks to motivate, support, and encourage military Families to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth.
- Money Matters: A mobile-optimized resource with calculators for savings, debt reduction and other reference material in one location.
- Financial Literacy Game: A great way to learn about finances, integrating creativity, education and fun in a virtual world.
- Housing Resources for Military Members: The National Military Family Association has compiled a great list of resources to help Military Families who are struggling with the pitfalls of the housing crisis.
- Armed Forces OneSource: Network of the services and delivery of support to Service Memberss and their Families.
- Military OneSource: A Department of Defense-funded program that provides comprehensive information on every aspect of military life at no cost to active duty, National Guard, reserve members, and their Families.
- Office of Servicemember Affairs: A component of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau helps to educate and empower military members, veterans, and their Families in the consumer financial marketplace.
- Saveandinvest.org: A project of the FINRA Investor Education Foundation, a free, unbiased resource dedicated to your financial health. Helps you make informed decisions through easy-to-use tools and resources, and arms you with the information you need to protect yourself from investment fraud.
- Better Business Bureau Military Line: Provides specialized education and support services, which meets the needs of active and retired military personnel and their Families.
Armed Forces Emergency Relief (AER)
AER is a private nonprofit organization that provides emergency financial assistance to Service Memberss and their Families. AER helps with emergency financial needs:
- Rent Utilities
- Emergency transportation & vehicle repair
- Funeral expenses
- Medical/dental expenses
- Personal needs when pay is delayed or stolen
- Other emergency financial needs.
AER partners with other military aid societies to enable local assistance for service members from the Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. AER also provides scholarships toward education. AER gives spouses and dependent children of Armed Forces Service Memberss great opportunities for their first undergraduate degree (some scholarships can reach $4,000 annually)! Application information can be found online at www.aerhq.org. Contact the Armed Forces Emergency Relief Program Manager.
Family Subsistence Supplemental Allowance (FSSA) Pre-screening
Pre-screening and counseling for Service Memberss who qualify for the FSSA entitlement. FSSA is an entitlement authorized by Congress in 2001 and created to supplement the Service Members's Basic Allowance for Subsistence (BAS). This entitlement will not exceed $1100 per month. The application for FSSA is web-based and can be found at:https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/fssa/.
- One-on-One Budget Counseling
We offer budget counseling for our military community to help establish a budget or just refine your current budget. Our counselors offer ideas and information on ways to help “Pay Yourself First.” Do you want to pay down your debt? We provide guidance on ways to accomplish your financial goals. Call us to make an appointment.
Fillable blank budget (.pdf) - Read only
- Consumer Complaints & Military Scams
Consumer Complaint Information
Have you been a victim of unfair or deceptive business practices in our local area? Have you tried to resolve the issue but met with negative results? If you have experienced; misleading advertising, improper selling practices, non-delivery of goods or services, complaints about nonprofit/charitable organizations, or the misuse of personal information and could not resolve the situation with the local agency, you should consider filing a consumer complaint through the Fort Bragg Consumer Complaint office at (910) 643-7461. Our office works closely with the Coastal Carolina Better Business Bureau and our JAG office to try and help you solve your issues.
In Harm's Way - At Home (.pdf) - This is a document about consumer scams and the direct targeting of America's Military and Veterans.
- Solicitation Information
- AR 210-7, Personal Commercial Solicitation on Army Installations (.pdf)
- Policy 40, Installation Policy pertaining to solicitation on Fort Bragg (.pdf)
- DoDD 1344.7-Personal Commercial Solicitation on DoD Installations (.pdf)
- Commercial Solicitation Policy on Fort Bragg (.pdf)
- Fort Bragg Banner and Sign Posting Information (.pdf)
Financial Readiness Program
Financial Readiness Program
Hours:Monday9:00am-4:30pmTuesday9:00am-4:30pmWednesday9:00am-4:30pmThursday9:00am-4:30pmFriday9:00am-4:30pmSaturdayClosedSundayClosedFederal HolidaysClosedSecond Wed. of each monthClosed
More Community Support
Community Information Exchange (CIE)
Monthly forum targeting Battalion, Brigade and higher level Commander and Command Sergeants Major spouses
Help for Victims of Partner Abuse
Help for victims of partner abuse