- Youth Sponsorship
The Youth Center provides activities for youth typically in grades 6-12*. Through formal partnerships with nationally-recognized youth-serving organizations such as 4-H and Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) youth have access to programs, standardized curricula, special events, camps, scholarships, and more. Computer labs and homework assistance are available at every Youth Center.
There are two components to the Youth Program:
- The Middle School Program is generally for youth in grades 6-8*
- The Teen Program is generally for youth in grades 9-12
The Youth Program is open after school, school closures and summer. Specialty camps and trips are held throughout the year.
Visit the Youth Center, Parent Central Services or download the Youth Self-Registration Form.
* Based on school configuration
Sponsors for your middle school or high school teens are available either through the youth program or school.
Army Youth Sponsorship Program
The Youth Sponsorship Club can help your teen learn about their new community and make new friends. Getting involved quickly helps children and teens fit in and feel less stress associated with their PCS move. All it takes to join the club is a visit to the school age or youth center or contact the School Liaison Officer.
The Student2Student program connects current middle school and high school students with transitioning students.
Youth Sponsorship Registration
Please send an email to the School Liaison Officer (SLO) to request a sponsor. Also, you can download the Youth Sponsor Request Form, complete and include any additional information that might be helpful to the sponsorship staff in the assignment process as they attempt to pair you with a sponsor whom you will be most compatible with.
- Youth Centers
Fort Bragg Family & MWR is home to 2 youth centers: Tolson Youth Center (YC) and Chay Youth Center (YC).
Amenities and services specific to each center can be found under each section below. Hours of operation and contact information can be found on the right of this page (if using a desktop computer) or below (if using a mobile device).
- Tolson Youth Center
- Middle-school and teen gymnasiums
- Two multi-purpose rooms
- TV-conference room
- Piano lab and music practice room
- Homework center
- Computer lab
- Teen area
- Game room
- Fitness center
Transportation for SY 2021-2022
Please note that participation in any of the below programs requires advanced sign-up by the parent. Youth must be a registered with CYS and Tolson Youth Center (YC).
- EE Smith Afterschool Activities Transportation
Tolson YC will be offering transportation from EE Smith's Afterschool Activities.
- For: Grades 9-12
- Cost: Free
- Time: Pick up will depart at 5:45 pm. Time is subject to change.
- Massey Hill Transportation
Tolson YC will be offering transportation to and from Massey Hill Classical High School.
- For: Grades 9-12
- Cost: $80/month
- 6:45 am, youth arrive at Tolson YC
- 7 am, bus departs Tolson YC
- 3 pm, bus departs Massey Hill HS
- 3:25 pm, bus arrives at Tolson YC
- Albritton Transportation
Tolson YC will be offering transportation from Albritton Middle School to Tolson YC.
- For: Grades 6-8
- Cost: Free
- Time: Bus departs at 3:35 pm Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri. Wed early release bus departs at 2:35 pm.
Tolson YC's Open Recreation Program for SY 2021-2022
- For: Grades 6-8 and 9-12
- Cost: Free
- 3-7 pm (Mon-Fri); snack provided daily
- Registration and an orientation packet must be completed.
- Chay Youth Center
- Full size gymnasium with a 20 foot climbing wall
- Middle school and teen gaming lounge with the latest systems and hand held systems for center use
- Equipped with i-pads and laptop computers
- An outdoor pool table
- Lounging areas
- 12-person laser tag equipment
- The Protrainer Smart Fit
- The Vertimax Training System
Free programs (operates after-school, on non-student school days and on Saturdays) for middle school (grades 6-8) and high school/teen (grades 9-12) students.
- Middle School Program (.pdf) - Free transportation provided from Shughart Middle School to Chay YAC.
- Teen program (.pdf)
- HIRED! Workforce Preparation Program
HIRED! helps teens 15-18 years of age prepare for entering the workforce and explore career opportunities. Youth experience working and participating in workforce-preparation and post-secondary education exploration classes. Registration for HIRED! is through the Youth Program.
* Available at select communities.
You must pre-register for this program.
- If you are not registered with CYS, you must first register at Parent Central Services.
- After initial CYS registration, participants may enroll for the workshops online at WebTrac or at any CYS facility.
For more information, contact +1 (910)396-9275.